BE A VOLUNTEER
If your volunteer service involves indirectly supervised contact with students on or off campus. There are two types of background checks, TC Logiq and fingerprinting.
- Please ask for a volunteer packet at school.
- If you are using TCLogiQ, please follow this link. Please know that the TCLogiq approval is only good for the current school year. This background check must be completed each school year.
- Fingerprinting CBI Background Check - This fingerprinting background check costs $40 and is good for the remainder of the volunteer's time at BVSD. This does not need to be completed each school year.
- The processing time for the fingerprint application is between 72 hours - 2 weeks.
Please read the following information carefully:
All volunteers need to fill out the Annual Volunteer Application. This is our agreement for the school year and it is free of charge.
Steps to get a CBI Background Check:
1. Fill out the Annual Volunteer Application, click here.
2. Fill out the CBI Background Check (for fingerprinting),
3. You will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions for how to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting at the District's office. Please check your junk folder, our email may be there.
4. Complete or/and confirm your payment for the background check when you come to your appointment:
- If you already paid with Echeck or credit card, please bring to your appointment along with a valid photo ID (unexpired Driver's License, passport or a valid photo ID)
- If you wish to pay with cash or personal check (we also accept credit cards on-site, except American Express), please bring to your appointment a valid photo ID and $40 payment(make checks payable to BVSD)
Digital fingerprints are more accurate than the ink kind but there is still a chance that digital fingerprints may be rejected by CBI. If this happens, you have a choice to retake them with us, or we will ask you to get your fingerprints done at the police station closest to your place of residence.
Fingerprint Hours - Wednesdays 8am -12pm (by appointment ONLY)
Please allow between 72 hours to 2 weeks to notify you of the results of your background check. For applicants with any charges, it may take up to 4 weeks.